TED
"If you want someone to grab
a beer with, I may not be that guy," Cruz said at a Republican debate in
October. “But if you want someone to drive you home, I will get
the job done and I will get you home."
Hi there! Good evening! My name’s Ted. Wilkommen to mein auto. I “ought-o” warn you, though, that the music
selection is not up for debate. But if it was, I’m pretty sure we’d
still end up listening to Smooth Country. Ha-ha, just joshing. I’m very
sure. I’m an unbelievable debater, ut
patet per the fact that I’ve convinced you that you aren’t allowed to
choose the music. Of course you are! You’re paying for the ride! Listen to
whatever you want: Smooth Country, Christian, or Country.
Look at your faces! You’re, like, “Uh-oh! Who is this
guy? Some kind of Borat?!” Well not to worry: my jokes stop where decency
starts. So relax, buckle up, and enjoy “Cruz-ing” to your destination.
You gals have fun tonight? Great, that’s great. And you
know, it’s wonderful that you didn’t try to drive yourselves home. So many
young ladies of your generational cohort lack that kind of personal responsibility,
I’ve found. Not that I know many, per se, but you hear things. You hear things,
and you form opinions, and I’m one who believes that an opinion, once formed, is
un-amendable, like our Constitution should’ve been.
Speaking of which, you’ll find copies of our founding
documents in the seat back pockets. I
think it’s important to remember where we came from so that we
know where we want to go back to. Yes, I just ended a sentence
with a preposition, and, no, I’ve never been to prison. Ha-ha! See, I’ve been
told my intellect can be intimidating, so I like to pepper my speech with
colloquialisms and shibboleths to put people at ease. I hope it’s working on
y’all, ‘cause Daddy’s driving for tips!
Anyhoo, that was quite a busy club I picked you up from.
Quite the scene. I’m guessing there was some imbibing that took place this
evening? And young lady in the rear passenger side, that’s not a guess. Sister
got sloppy, am I right, friends? Maybe had a couple too many, maybe danced
suggestively and polyamorously? Oh, you all did? I must say I find that
troubling.
Well, yes, technically I guess it’s quite literally your
“fucking business,” but I’ll leave the profanity to the profane and the
pornography to the New York City artists and simply posit that it is a fact
undeniable that the family is the bedrock of our society, and every cocktail spilled
on the floor of a seedy night club stains that hallowed ground. Every dance
floor dry hump erodes it. Every booty shake is a seismic event, rattling the
windows of our nation’s ideal, heteronormal, two-parent, two-child home. So I
ask you ladies-
Okay, this traffic is horrible, and Waze wants me to take
the expressway. You good with that? Super. And look at this: wide open. Even if
it’s a little longer, I always like to keep moving forward. That’s just how I
am. High school, had to get to Princeton. Then – boom! – onto Harvard Law.
Forward, Ted, forward. Clerking for Rehnquist, getting elected Senator, running
for President, winning the Iowa caucus…
Yep, that’s me. Corn King of the low information evangelicals.
And then, well, you know the story: we eventually got to the states with black
people and lesbians and dangerous percentages of college graduates. One thing
led to another, Heidi invested my Super PAC money…a squidge too aggressively,
bless her heart, it happens, no anger. Well, there was a little anger. Things
were said.
But forward I go, as I always have. And can I tell you, I’ve
never been more at peace. I mean, I genuinely like driving, it’s a hoot
meeting new people, and the flexible hours help keep me out of the house “at
least four nights a week,” per Heidi. Bless her heart.
How’s the temperature back there? You want me to turn up the-
Whoa! Okay, okay, check out this guy in the Camry. Don’t all stare at him! Just
be cool. You generally see a lot of turbans in this part of town? I know I
don’t. Do me a favor and read me Mohamed’s license plate so I can call it in. Really?
And what part of protecting America do you object to? You see, ladies, just
like the many abortions you’ve no doubt enjoyed, freedom isn’t free. Men like
me have to fight for it – either with military service or blistering oratory,
the two being of equal manliness. And do you know how we fight for your freedom?
Oh go back to sleep, rear passenger side, I’m not talking
about walls. Okay, actually, I am, in a sense – but not big, beautiful, border
walls. Freedom requires smaller walls –
like wells, sort of – around everyone who doesn’t have the correct American
beliefs that Jesus had. That’s how you protect freedom: by limiting it,
aggressively, for millions of wrong-thinking people.
Well, center back seat, that’s easy. An example of “wrong thinking” would be putting on those
hooker heels earlier tonight and going, “Yeah, these look good.” But here I go,
blazing away with my verbal six-shooters. You just got me all riled up, and I went
back into campaign mode. Mea culpa. So…
what’s up with Serial? Do you listen
to it? Is it good?
…And here we are at your destination. You’re right, rear
driver’s side, it’s not your home. It’s a police station, and I’m sure you all
deserve to be here for something: wacky weed, oral copulation, just let the
desk sergeant know. I’m going to go hit the Civic Center. There’s a concert letting
out soon, and if I time it right I bet I can rip two fares, easy.
And ladies, remember, no matter what our differences, I believe
we can – no, we must – reach across the ideological divide and find
common ground… in giving each other five stars. Good night, and God bl- whup!
There’s a call. Gotta jam.
TED
"If you want someone to grab
a beer with, I may not be that guy," Cruz said at a Republican debate in
October. “But if you want someone to drive you home, I will get
the job done and I will get you home."
Hi there! Good evening! My name’s Ted. Wilkommen to mein auto. I “ought-o” warn you, though, that the music
selection is not up for debate. But if it was, I’m pretty sure we’d
still end up listening to Smooth Country. Ha-ha, just joshing. I’m very
sure. I’m an unbelievable debater, ut
patet per the fact that I’ve convinced you that you aren’t allowed to
choose the music. Of course you are! You’re paying for the ride! Listen to
whatever you want: Smooth Country, Christian, or Country.
Look at your faces! You’re, like, “Uh-oh! Who is this
guy? Some kind of Borat?!” Well not to worry: my jokes stop where decency
starts. So relax, buckle up, and enjoy “Cruz-ing” to your destination.
You gals have fun tonight? Great, that’s great. And you
know, it’s wonderful that you didn’t try to drive yourselves home. So many
young ladies of your generational cohort lack that kind of personal responsibility,
I’ve found. Not that I know many, per se, but you hear things. You hear things,
and you form opinions, and I’m one who believes that an opinion, once formed, is
un-amendable, like our Constitution should’ve been.
Speaking of which, you’ll find copies of our founding
documents in the seat back pockets. I
think it’s important to remember where we came from so that we
know where we want to go back to. Yes, I just ended a sentence
with a preposition, and, no, I’ve never been to prison. Ha-ha! See, I’ve been
told my intellect can be intimidating, so I like to pepper my speech with
colloquialisms and shibboleths to put people at ease. I hope it’s working on
y’all, ‘cause Daddy’s driving for tips!
Anyhoo, that was quite a busy club I picked you up from.
Quite the scene. I’m guessing there was some imbibing that took place this
evening? And young lady in the rear passenger side, that’s not a guess. Sister
got sloppy, am I right, friends? Maybe had a couple too many, maybe danced
suggestively and polyamorously? Oh, you all did? I must say I find that
troubling.
Well, yes, technically I guess it’s quite literally your
“fucking business,” but I’ll leave the profanity to the profane and the
pornography to the New York City artists and simply posit that it is a fact
undeniable that the family is the bedrock of our society, and every cocktail spilled
on the floor of a seedy night club stains that hallowed ground. Every dance
floor dry hump erodes it. Every booty shake is a seismic event, rattling the
windows of our nation’s ideal, heteronormal, two-parent, two-child home. So I
ask you ladies-
Okay, this traffic is horrible, and Waze wants me to take
the expressway. You good with that? Super. And look at this: wide open. Even if
it’s a little longer, I always like to keep moving forward. That’s just how I
am. High school, had to get to Princeton. Then – boom! – onto Harvard Law.
Forward, Ted, forward. Clerking for Rehnquist, getting elected Senator, running
for President, winning the Iowa caucus…
Yep, that’s me. Corn King of the low information evangelicals.
And then, well, you know the story: we eventually got to the states with black
people and lesbians and dangerous percentages of college graduates. One thing
led to another, Heidi invested my Super PAC money…a squidge too aggressively,
bless her heart, it happens, no anger. Well, there was a little anger. Things
were said.
But forward I go, as I always have. And can I tell you, I’ve
never been more at peace. I mean, I genuinely like driving, it’s a hoot
meeting new people, and the flexible hours help keep me out of the house “at
least four nights a week,” per Heidi. Bless her heart.
How’s the temperature back there? You want me to turn up the-
Whoa! Okay, okay, check out this guy in the Camry. Don’t all stare at him! Just
be cool. You generally see a lot of turbans in this part of town? I know I
don’t. Do me a favor and read me Mohamed’s license plate so I can call it in. Really?
And what part of protecting America do you object to? You see, ladies, just
like the many abortions you’ve no doubt enjoyed, freedom isn’t free. Men like
me have to fight for it – either with military service or blistering oratory,
the two being of equal manliness. And do you know how we fight for your freedom?
Oh go back to sleep, rear passenger side, I’m not talking
about walls. Okay, actually, I am, in a sense – but not big, beautiful, border
walls. Freedom requires smaller walls –
like wells, sort of – around everyone who doesn’t have the correct American
beliefs that Jesus had. That’s how you protect freedom: by limiting it,
aggressively, for millions of wrong-thinking people.
Well, center back seat, that’s easy. An example of “wrong thinking” would be putting on those
hooker heels earlier tonight and going, “Yeah, these look good.” But here I go,
blazing away with my verbal six-shooters. You just got me all riled up, and I went
back into campaign mode. Mea culpa. So…
what’s up with Serial? Do you listen
to it? Is it good?
…And here we are at your destination. You’re right, rear
driver’s side, it’s not your home. It’s a police station, and I’m sure you all
deserve to be here for something: wacky weed, oral copulation, just let the
desk sergeant know. I’m going to go hit the Civic Center. There’s a concert letting
out soon, and if I time it right I bet I can rip two fares, easy.
And ladies, remember, no matter what our differences, I believe
we can – no, we must – reach across the ideological divide and find
common ground… in giving each other five stars. Good night, and God bl- whup!
There’s a call. Gotta jam.
No comments:
Post a Comment